Links for Home Schooling, Learning, games etc
We have been sent several very useful resource links which can help with home schooling, we hope you find the following links of benefit for your families:-
Hertfordshire’s website for families of young people aged 0 - 25 with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) has learning resources and materials to help your child at home on the Hertfordshire Local Offer
With children and young people out of education settings, families may be needing a bit of extra help to keep their child’s education progressing, or just to keep them entertained. The Local Offer, Hertfordshire’s website for families of young people aged 0 - 25 with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND), has a resources area where parents and families can find materials they can use to help their child learn key skills. The resources area specifically looks to support those families whose child has an additional need, but it can be used by any family, and may have certain educational activities that can help any pupil to develop a skill they may be struggling with.
The resources area includes:
- Activity sheets and ideas provided by the Specific Learning Difficulties team, which can help progress in key areas including writing, memory, numbers and spelling
- Practical help for children who are struggling with their mental health, either as a result of COVID-19 or more generally
- Help with explaining COVID-19 to younger children and young people with autism, including social stories and easy read documents
- Materials which help young people to develop their independence, including cooking activities
- Lots of fun ideas for your children to do independently or as a family at home to encourage them to explore and use their imagination
Find it all at www.hertfordshire.gov.uk/SENDresources and do let your families know if you feel it would benefit them.
Parent guide for positive parenting during covid-19
The new Triple P Guide for Positive Parenting During COVID-19 (0-12 age) can be shared with parents as a self-help tool, or used by practitioners when introducing the Principles of Positive Parenting.
- Helps parents respond to their child’s concerns related to COVID-19, understand the importance of self-care, and use practical strategies to keep the home environment calm and predictable.
- Written specifically for COVID-19 by Triple P founder Professor Matt Sanders and his colleague Dr Vanessa Cobham, internationally recognised expert in child and adolescent anxiety and post-traumatic mental health.
- Now available as a FREE digital download on Triple P provider and parent websites.
NOTE: The current guide is aimed at parents of 0-12’s, our Teen Triple P guide for positive parenting during COVID-19 is in development will be available on the Provider Network shortly
Family Learning and Activity resources
CHEXS have created a very useful resource for parents and carers to entertain children or young people at home over the coming weeks.
There are educational links for learning, games and family activities to do together all organised in a simple and clear way to easily find what you are looking for.
We have categories for:
- Secondary aged Young People
- Primary Children and younger
- Games and activities for any ages
- Awards to try
- Internet safety videos to watch together
Please share with your colleagues, friends and family and let CHEXS help you at this difficult time.