Gamcare - Services in Hertfordshire
The national charity GamCare recently presented at some of our district Families First Partnership meetings. Please see below for more information on their service:-
GamCare is an independent charity and we are the leading provider of information, advice and support for anyone affected by problem gambling across England, Scotland and Wales. We offer a wide menu of free, flexible and confidential support to those affected by problem gambling. Last year, we supported more than 9,000 people through our treatment services, and received around 30,000 calls to our Freephone Helpline.
Our team in Hertfordshire can support your clients to change their relationship with gambling and improve their quality of life through face to face, online and telephone therapeutic interventions. There is no wrong door to accessing our treatment services – clients can refer themselves, or you can do this on their behalf.
GamCare can offer:
- One to one telephone and live chat support, including brief interventions, through the National Gambling HelpLine on Freephone 0808 80 20 133 or via www.gamcare.org.uk (available 24 hours a day).
- One-to one face-to-face, online and telephone therapeutic support and treatment for people with gambling problems as well as family and friends who are impacted by gambling.
- Group based Gambling Recovery Courses delivered face to face or online for between six to eight weeks.
- GameChange – an online treatment course for those who are concerned about their gambling behaviour, supported by regular contact with a GamCare therapist. The course has been designed so clients can work at their own pace, wherever is most convenient, over the course of eight weeks: www.gamcare.org.uk/self-help/gamechange/
- Relapse Prevention support groups.
- Self-help resources for people who would like to change their relationship with gambling, available to download via www.gamcare.org.uk/self-help/self-help-resources/
- A moderated online Forum and daily online group chatrooms to enable those affected by gambling problems to connect with others in similar situations, share their experience and support one another.
If you have any questions or would like to talk through some of these options, you can contact your local team on 01438 487003 or email email@example.com. We are very happy to attend team briefings or training events to ensure your teams are confident to refer to our services.
We can also provide your team with more in-depth training to help you identify people who may be experiencing gambling-related harms, provide structured brief interventions and refer into the most appropriate services. This training would be provided free of charge. If you would like any more information, please email Candice Donn, Head of Clinical Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would also like to order free support leaflets and/or posters you can do this via our website at www.gamcare.org.uk/self-help/support-leaflets/