New Practice Standards and Guidance
We have developed and published the Families First Practice Standards and Practice Guidance on the Families First Portal.
These documents are aimed at practitioners who undertake and/or contribute to the assessment process (including through the Team Around the Family (TAF) process) to:
- enable you to understand the process, pathways and tools available to support you in your work with families
- embed consistent practice in the quality of your work with families
- share learning and good practice and to better evidence the difference you make to families receiving early help support.
EHM – How to Guides are also available on the Families First Portal (This document is password protected - for the password check your training slides or contact your Families First Coordinator)
All the above and many more resources to support you in your work is available in the Families First Portal Practitioners area.
REMINDER : Summer holidays are coming!!! Do you work over the holidays?
Many of us do not work over the school holidays, if this applies to you and you're a keyworker, have you considered how the families you support may cope without you?
There are a few things you could consider/put in to place:
- At the last TAF meetings, could the family be handed over to another TAF member who does work over the summer?
- Have you left appropriate/relevant contact numbers with the family so they can contact someone for help or advice in your absence?
- Are your episode casenotes up to date? Is there a clear picture of current case status and who to contact in your absence?