Herts for Learning 2022 summer term online safety newsletters
HfL 2022 summer term online safety newsletters for school/setting staff and for parents/carers.
The Herts for Learning summer term online safety newsletters for School Staff and the Parents and Carers edition both feature a range of guidance, news, links and updates about online safety for all phases, with particular reference to the current situation, recent developments and concerns. We hope they will prove helpful and informative.
Please feel free to share them with your personal and / or professional networks and to your parent body.
Our newsletter for staff includes reviews and details about:
- Professionals Online Safety Helpline
- Harmful Sexual Behaviour Support Service
- Just a joke? – Childnet
- Be Internet Legends - Confident Explorers
- Moving on up! - Childnet
- Dove’s Selfie - Self Esteem campaign.
- Dates for your diary, including
- The 2022 Wellbeing Conference - Wednesday 15th June 2022
Building futures: Growing pupil empowerment and agency
Our newsletter for parents and carers includes reviews and details about:
- Talking to your child about online sexual harassment, Children’s Commissioner Guide
- What to do if something goes wrong – Childline
- NSPCC online safety hub
- Helping children cope with media coverage of traumatic events – Parent Zone
- What is ‘Genshin Impact’? – Parent Zone
- Search engines and what you need to know about safer searching – Parentzone
- Setting up parental controls – NSPCC
- What is Yubo? – Parent Zone
For more information, advice and training about online safety across the curriculum and embedding this within a wider whole-school approach to include mental health, positive relationships and safeguarding, please contact the HfL Wellbeing team at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit Herts for Learning | Online Safety.