Congratulations to all our Winners!!
Our Families First Awards took place virtually on Friday 23rd April and after a few “audio glitches”, we managed to have a great afternoon of celebrations. Over 170 partners tuned in and everyone engaged with lots of clapping, cheering, whoop whooping, and even a mouth organ was played to add to the celebrations!
We had an amazing and worthy set of nominations and it was a tough process choosing the winners, but these winners truly have provided a great service in the last year in supporting young people and families and we would like to take this opportunity to congratulate them once again on their work. A special thanks also goes to our hosts of the event Jackie Clementson and Gary Mallett.
The winners are:-
- Community Engagement Award : Amanda Moss, The Food Pantry, Herts Helping Herts
- Partnership School of the Year : Mary Exton Primary School
- Key Worker of the Year : Emma Bumpus, YCH Services for Young People
- Early Years Worker of the Year : Viv Wade, Emerging Needs Team, Family Centre Service, East Hertfordshire Quadrant
- Admin Support Worker of the Year : Sarah Whitehair, Emerging Needs, Broxbourne Family Centre
- Manager/Team Leader of the Year : Lauren Penrose, Intensive Family Support Team, Stevenage and North Herts
- Unsung Hero Award : Barry Wheeler, A Man and Van limited
Team Awards :-
- Innovative Early Intervention : Intensive Family Support Team, East Herts & Broxbourne
- Services to young people team of the year : HABS Family Support
- Services to Families team of the year : Family Support Team, Family Centre Service – EH Quadrant
- Addressing Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) : Micklem Primary School
- Collaborative Team of the Year : Stevenage Vineyard Foodshed
- Team of the year : Three Rivers District Council Housing Department
We were entertained by the amazing Electric Umbrella with some special video tracks from their latest album Sun Flower Avenue. Electric Umbrella is a registered charity challenging the perception about people with learning disabilities and enriching and empowering lives through music and you can enjoy the Sun Flower Avenue track below and head over to their website if you wish to find out how to hear more.
You can also take a look at the presentation slides showing the names of all the nominees and view the celebration slideshow.